Home economist at Campbell’s Soup Co. creates an instant classic!
Dorcas Reilly, the home economist at Campbell’s Soup Co., created a dish that became an instant American classic; green bean and mushroom casserole. With Thanksgiving behind us, we decided to resurrect the original recipe for this fan-favorite. Afterall, what could be better than a meal-in-a-dish?
All you need is a can of cut green beans, a can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup, milk, a splash of soy sauce, black pepper and a fistful of French-fried onions. Bake in a 350-degree oven until bubbling, then sprinkle more onions on the top and bake for five more minutes and voila! (Step by step recipe and ingredients listed below)
If you like that idea, then you’ll love these House & Garden’s recipes from their Casserole Cook Book!
Campbell’s Classic Green Bean Casserole
– Can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
– ½ cup milk
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1 dash black pepper
– 4 cups cooked cut green beans
– 1 1/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions
• Step 1
• Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
• Step 2
• Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
• Step 3
• Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.